The skies are clear and temperatures are supposed to get above freezing today, so I thought I might go flying. But right now (8:30am) it is 23 degrees F, and it looks like the runways are still covered in snow and ice:
- Fort Worth TX (Fort Worth Meacham Intl) [FTW]: February NOTAM #130
- Runway 17/35 closed
- Fort Worth TX (Fort Worth Meacham Intl) [FTW]: February NOTAM #163
- Runway 16/34 patchy 1 in snow and ice on runway plow 120 wide 24 in snowbank effective from February 04th, 2011 at 07:30 PM CST (1102050130)
- Fort Worth TX (Fort Worth Meacham Intl) [FTW]: January NOTAM #440
- Runway 9/27 closed effective from February 02nd, 2011 at 06:00 AM CST (1102021200) – February 09th, 2011 at 11:00 PM CST (1102100500)
Unless it warms up quickly, I don’t think I will be doing any flying today, but I may go out to the airport later today to take a look at the conditions – and see if the Super Bowl crowd has started to arrive.